Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

So, I thought that this morning I would spend a little time updating my blog and telling you about the picture of the pumpkins in the title, or whatever that box is called...

We carved pumpkins way too early this year, but there was (I think) a good reason for it. The 16th of October is the day that we found out Renee's heart had stopped beating. It's always good for me to have something to do to remember her on anniversary days like that, so I had decided I wanted to carve a pumpkin for her.

William was very excited about this! He picked what face he wanted from his "Five Little Pumpkins" book.




Leonora seemed excited initially, but got a little bored by the time we got one pumpkin done!




She spent a bit of time collecting leaves instead.




Here we are cleaning out William's pumpkin. The kids did a lot of "ewww"ing at the goo from inside. Aaron has a strong dislike for this part of pumpkin carving, so he was the official photographer. I guess he wanted to be included in the picture though, so there's his foot.





Leonora completely missed the carving of her pumpkin, but came back to see Renee's white pumpkin hallowed out.






She also helped a little with the candles and clean-up!

And here's the final product! Including my nice shadow! The kids sat out on the porch watching the glowing pumpkins until bedtime.


Unfortunately only Leonora's has made it to halloween. I think I might have accidentally gotten a baking pumpkin instead of a carving pumkin for her. It was really difficult to carve, but has lasted longer.

3 comments:

tearese said...

Thats neat; when I saw the picture, thats what I figured the pumpkins stood for. It turned out good!

saskia said...

I like the white pumpkin, pretty

Kara said...

Thank you!
I like the white pumkin too!