We had a lot going on this weekend. Thursday night we had a small family birthday party for William, who turned 5 on Friday! Friday morning, Aaron and I dropped the kids off at Grandma and Grandpa's house and headed north for Salt Lake City. Aaron had two brothers who got married in August. One was married in Ohio and one in New York. Unfortunately, we were not able to go to either wedding, but they decided to have a joint reception in Salt Lake since most of thier family lives out West. They also had a cousin who decided to join in the fun and got married in Provo on Friday! So we made it to Provo in time to relax a little before their cousin's reception that evening.
Saturday morning, we were able to spend some time with my sister. It was really nice to see her. Neither of us travels much. I think the last I saw her was Christmas. I wish I had remembered my camera. I could show you a picture of my cute sister! Oh well.
Saturday evening was the joint reception. It was lovely! It was held at the home of one bride's Grandfather. We used his lovely back yard. Someday I'll have a lovely back yard... There were some fun moments-after feeding their brides, the grooms fed each other cake, and the brides seemed to think they couldn't throw their bouquets far enough. I was able to finally meet more of Aaron's family (he's got quite a lot) and a few of thier friends. We occasionally wished we had the kids to show off, but it was much more relaxing to visit and show a couple pictures on our phones! It was also really nice to get to know the brides. They are both wonderful in different ways and seem perfect for their respective husbands. I look forward to seeing them again.
After a really late night, Aaron and I decided to turn off the alarm on his phone and just see when we woke up. Well, my empty stomach woke us up at 9, so we got up and hurried off to have a quick breakfast with his family. We went to sacrament meeting at his aunt's ward in Provo and spent some more time visiting with family before heading back home. Aaron had to work Monday, so we headed home Sunday afternoon. It was pretty late by the time we got home. The events of the weekend kept us pretty busy, so there really wasn't much down time, but we were glad that we were able to go. Maybe sometime we'll get a vaccation! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment