Saturday, April 19, 2008

The prospect of no more diapers!

Leonora is showing definate signs of potty-training readiness! This is very exciting! She has been running around without a diaper the last few mornings, and hasn't had any accidents. I'm discovering that she's pretty good about going to the bathroom when she needs to. This is very exciting! If I'm repeating myself, it's just because I'm excited! :D We are getting low on diapers, so yesterday I went ahead and got her some pull ups. Yes, I know, they aren't all that different from diapers, but they have the little pictures that disappear when they get wet. I'm hoping that will encourage her to go to the potty when she's wearing them. She'll go when she's got nothing on, but if she has a diaper on, she just goes in it. I'm hopeful that I'll only have to buy the pull-ups once. Maybe next month for her birthday she'll get big girl panties!

2 comments:

tearese said...

we bought pull ups for about eight months, after we thought she was almost done.... the fading helped me more than her. Elora was trained at 26 months, after we told her she could only wear underwear. Good luck!

Rose said...

Good idea. If she is only wearing panties... she'll probably only go potty in her panties a time or two before she realizes that it's not pleasant to do it that way. Then maybe she'll head the potty more often! Best wishes!