I realize that a lot of my posts recently have been a bit... somber. There are certainly a lot of ups and downs around here. Sometimes my blog ends up being a bit of a dumping ground for the down days. But today I wanted to post a few of the more "up" things that have been going on the last couple months.
One thing I've been working on is a little bit of home decor. It just always makes it nicer to be at home when things are pretty!

The shelf came from a yard sale. My mom came and helped me get it put up. (Thanks, Mom!) The berry garland came from another yard sale on a different weekend. The various dishes I already had. The pine cones, fake fruit, and clusters of berries came from Walmart. This is on the wall above our table which is the same blonde wood finish as the shelf.

Eventually, I will get a valance for this window, but for now, the berry garland is looking festive! :)

I've been experimenting with different picture arrangements since we moved in here. After seeing some fun picture hanging templates on
Pinterest, I felt inspired to hang mine a little differently. It took me a while to get them the way that I wanted. I think it still needs a little tweeking, but overall, it's much better than before.

Last week, I also got to meet a friend in Las Vegas! That was fun! Leonora and I drove down together. We had lunch, went shopping, and had dinner before heading back home to Utah. It ended up being a late night, but it was so fun to see Kiley and her little boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment