Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fresh Strawberry Pie


This is my mom's recipe. I love it! I've decided what makes this simple recipe so good is the lemon!

Ingrediants:

1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
2 T cornstarch
Juice of 1 lemon
2 lbs strawberries
large pie crust

Mix sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl until well blended. Set aside. Take 3-4 strawberries and smash. Bring water to a boil. Add sugar mixture to water. Blend thoroughly while still cooking. Add juice of 1 lemon. Remove from heat and let cool. Add smashed strawberries. Hull remaining strawberries and place in large pie crust. Pour water/sugar mixture over strawberries. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until ready to serve.

It's great served with whipped cream! I am lazy, so I usually buy the pie crust. My favorite to use is a shortbread crumb crust, but this is grahm cracker crumb. Enjoy!

1 comment:

saskia said...

yum!