Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Who I'd like to see in the top 2

Aaron and I have been watching American Idol. Last night, the top 4 performed. We don't have cable/satalite, so we watch on Youtube. No commercials! :) All over youtube, people are saying they want to see "the two Davids" in the top 2. While I have enjoyed many of David Cook's performances, I think we've seen the best that he has to offer. And I'm not a big Jason Castro fan. He has a pleasant voice, and he's certainly knows his strengths, I'm just not really into what he does. So, here are two of my favorite performances from Syesha and David A. These are the two I'd like to see belting it out in the final show. Last night, I thought there were three truly noteworthy performances-two belonging to David A. and this one from Syesha.



Here's one of Davids. I had a hard time deciding which one I liked better. They both were excellent! Anyway, here you go.



After this performance, Aaron commented that he "sure has a lot of 'soul' for a white boy from Utah!"

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

The best thing about this show is not everyone has to agree. I am still shocked that Syesha has made it this far. I have heard several others sing the way she does and they get slammed with comments like, "you shouted the whole song." and "you didn't make the song your own." I just think we have see people like Syesha several times before, every season, and most of them were MUCH better than her. Check out Melinda Dolittle. How has Seyesha passed her up???? Of course just my opinion. I love David Cook, rockers just don't do this well as a rule.

saskia said...

sorry, but I just couldn't sit through that guy from Utah singing the song... not my type of music, I don't keep up with idol, I do like to watch the auditions on youtube!

Kara said...

I guess we all have different opinions.
Saskia, You listen to Bob Marley some right? Look up Jason Castro's "I shot the sheriff" on youtube. I'm curious what you think.