Friday, August 22, 2008

Another sewing project

I made a dress for Leonora. I've been working on it for about a week and a half. It's a little more complicated than things I've made before, and once again, I had no supervision. Anyway, I found this pattern in a bunch that my mom has. It's an older one, and I have to wonder if it's something my grandma bought. It's been used before, and was missing pretty much all the peices besides the ones I used, but those are what I wanted anyway, so it worked out.




Cute pattern, huh? Here are some pictures of the project in progress. I think I stopped here for a couple days, because I realized I don't have a zipper foot. I was trying to figure out how to sew a zipper without one. In the meantime, I took some pictures! Here's the front of the dress.

And here's the back.


Here's the zipper. Pins are my friend-most of the time... It looks much prettier pinned on than the finished product. It took me a couple tries. Oh, well. I dont' think I'll be doing anymore zippers without the propper foot.

And here's the finished product! Leonora was happy to finally have her dress. She had been watching me make it.

Once again, a far from perfect, but I'm learning! And Leonora likes it!

3 comments:

tearese said...

Hey, I didn't even know you need a different piece to do zippers! Maybe I shouldn't get a sewing machine for Christmas.

Heidi said...

I think you did a GREAT job! She and the dress look very cute. :)

Kara said...

Tearese-It's funny, my machine came with every foot except a zipper foot! And you can do it without the zipper foot, it's just hard...
Heidi-thanks!