Monday, June 30, 2008

Our Story: Part 3

Our first Date

This is a fun story to tell! It was the begining of November, which at my high school, meant the Sadie Hawkin's dance. It was girl's choice, but there were a bunch of other rules you had to follow. Boys couldn't just be asked to the dance, they had to be "tagged." And if they were successfully tagged, they couldn't say no, unless they had already been tagged. No one could be tagged on school property, during school hours, or during other school sponsered activities. The girl who wanted to do the asking also had to be the one to do the actual tagging.

Although some like to make it a little more difficult, most guys aren't that difficult to tag. The previous year, I had called up a guy's house and told his dad that I wanted to tag his son. I asked if I could come over after drama (he was in drama too) and tag him at the house. His dad helped me by sending him into the office where I was hiding behind the door. That was pretty easy. Aaron decided before hand that anyone who wanted to tag him was going to have to work for it, and I got no such help from anyone in his household!

So, I had bought my ticket/tag, and worked out a plan with my friend Tess. Neither of us had driver's licenses, so we begged her mom to help us on the appointed night. I'm not sure where my mom was, but she wasn't available. Even if she were, I don't know if she would have done it. Actually, I'm amazed that Tess's mom did! Anyway, the plan was to drive over to Aaron's house after rehersals and wait inside. Sound familiar? I figured it worked once, why not try again? Well, it probably would have, but Aaron's foster dad decided he was on Aaron's side, not mine. After telling Tess and I we could wait in the living room, he went outside. When Aaron came home, he let Aaron know there were a couple of girls sitting inside waiting to tag him. Aaron took off running after his ride, and Tess's mom came running up to the house to tell us what had happened. And just to make things a little more fun, she also told us that there was someone else who seemed to be showing interest in what Aaron was doing...

Okay, sorry to do this to you, but I've got to get going! More coming soon!

3 comments:

saskia said...

ha ha- tess jaynes?

Kara said...

Lol, yep!

Heidi said...

What?! He started running away!? I can't believe it... You better finish this soon! :)