Thursday, February 07, 2008

Still sick

Well, things have not been going well. I'm in Salt Lake. Leonora was Life flighted to the hospital here. She just was not getting better. She has some fluid in her chest but outside her lung. The antibiotics and her own antibodies couldn't get to it, so they put a tube through her ribs to drain the fluid out. It will take a few days for the fluid to drain and then they'll keep her for another day or two to make sure everything is going well. Hopefully the fluid will continue to drain. If not, they'll have to do surgery. She has not really been looking better. She's also having problems digesting the stuff they've been feeding her through a tube. Poor baby has so many tubes and wires attached to her! She's so miserable! I really hope she'll turn around soon. I'd be grateful for anyone's prayers.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh Kara, I'm so sorry! We'll be praying for you.

Rose said...

Poor little girl! I hope she feels better soon!

andrea said...

you will be in our prayers!!!! i hope all goes well.

saskia said...

we've been praying kara- i'm so sorry

Kara said...

Thank you for your prayers. She seems to be breathing a little better today, but is still a sick little girl. I'll try to keep updated.

tearese said...

oh how scary! WE will be thinking of you and praying for you too.

Rose said...

Good to hear that she is doing a little better. Don't fret about updates. We would love to have updates, but obviously, your daughter comes first! That's okay! :) God bless your family!