Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tupperware anyone?

So, I've been "selling" Tupperware (yes, just like your mom had-but prettier) since just before Leonora was born. Back in September, I finally got up the guts to ask someone in the ward to do a party for me, and since then have come to the realization that there are people in my ward who will actually pay money for a good product! Amazing! Anyway, I had a party yesterday. I'm still waiting for the hostess to get back to me about her order and a couple others who didn't make it to the party. I've decided that this is a good neighborhood to do parties in. This is my third here since October and I will have made about $700 so far. Which brings me to another thought... I might actually have to file taxes this year. Blah.

PS If you'd like any Tupperware, go to the Tupperware site and email what you want to me. That link on my side bar isn't working.

6 comments:

saskia said...

Perhaps you can replace all my broken tupperware for me (you know you want to) I sent a list to your mom a while back... I always had fun selling Tupperware, but I think they waste too much plastic making too much stupid stuff now. Of course, they make a lot of good stuff as well, I have so much Tupperware I've had to give it away. But if someone wanted to do a party, I'd probably sell it, except I don't sell it anymore. Have fun with it, I always did! I miss Michelle to :(

Kara said...

yeah, you know replacing stuff is my favorite thing to do! ;) I have been lucky not to have enough room to buy a bunch of extra stuff. My mom (in typical Lee style) has her own mini-warehouse! My kit and "etra" stuff is in one box in one closet. I admit it's a big box, but hey, that's including all my party gifts and stuff. I figure I'll keep selling as long as it's fun and I'm making money.

Kara said...

yeah, you know replacing stuff is my favorite thing to do! ;) I have been lucky not to have enough room to buy a bunch of extra stuff. My mom (in typical Lee style) has her own mini-warehouse! My kit and "etra" stuff is in one box in one closet. I admit it's a big box, but hey, that's including all my party gifts and stuff. I figure I'll keep selling as long as it's fun and I'm making money.

Rose said...

We actually don't buy stuff for our kitchen very often... we seem to have what we need, plus some... but if you ever have any "must-have" things for the person who already "has everything" post them on your blog!!! :)

saskia said...

your mom and my mom both- I did buy some of your mom's stash! Selling is fun, I might sign up again some day. I really miss Michelle and Claudia! You know I used to be the top seller.

Kara said...

I've been at the top last month and this month so far. I "stepped up" to manager last month. I have to get another recruit to stay qualified though. One of mine is going inactive. Claudia asked me how far I want to go in Tupperware, and I told her I don't know. I have fun, and the extra money is nice. I just don't want it to run my life.
If I'm still selling when you decide to do it again, you can sign up with me! If not, I might sign up with you!