Last night I realized that we were pretty much out of milk, so I left Aaron and William to get ready for bed and headed to the grocery store. On the way out of our appartment complex, I sort of ran into the curb. Ooops. But I just continued on the way to the store. About halfway there, the car started making funny noises and kind of vibrating, so I pulled off onto the next side road and discovered that the front passenger side tire was completely flat. We just got this car in December, and I knew it didn't have a spare tire (this is something that we knew we would need to get, but just hadn't gotten around to it yet). Well, the tire shops had closed, and we didn't have much choice but to leave the car there overnight. After locking the keys in the car (also something we don't have a spare of), and retrieving them wih the help of a dent fixing tool (and the dent fixer himself), I was finally able to get back home just before 11:00. This morning Aaron was lucky enough to be able to get a ride to work, and I (with the help of the dent fixer again) have spent most of this morning retriving and replacing a tire.
I will be watching out for curbs in the future, and keeping spares of a few important items!
No comments:
Post a Comment